Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is actually a “medical” condition that can be life threatening. It is essential to seek accurate assessment and treatment. We offer a laser treament in addition to a traditional approach to OSA and snoring.
Our laser treatment, NightLaseTM is an effective, non-invasive way to lessen the effects of snoring. No device has to be worn during sleep and no chemicals are necessary. We will work with your physician to determine the best course of action for you. Our screening may include the following:
- Evaluation of daytime sleepiness, obstructive breathing, nighttime breathing, signs and symptoms of TMJ disorder and occlusal exam
- A complete dental exam of the teeth, supporting structures, and evaluation of the head, neck, and facial area.
- Examination of the upper airway for obstruction, the palate, airway space, size and condition of the tongue, and position of the mandible
- Obtaining upper and lower dental impressions
- Specialized x-rays
- Sometimes measuring the throat and nasal airways with an instrument/computer is performed. This may include use of the Pharynometer/Rhinometer for evaluation of airflow. The equipment tells the dentist about the airway and the patient’s mandible (lower jaw). It is a simple, painless test.
- Determining if the patient is a candidate for oral appliance therapy or if they should be referred to a physician for other tests.