OUR THERAPY DOGS
We brought Laser into our lives in the summer of 2018. He is a fluffy and loving Goldendoodle. Laser is a certified Therapy Dog, trained by the professionals at Paramount Dog Training. Laser became such a big hit at SDLA and our patient enjoyed the relaxation he offered so much, that we decided to bring on a second dog in 2019. Mercury is equally loving and on his way to earning his Therapy Dog Certification.
At Strongsville Dental and Laser Aesthetics, our approach has always been to offer an all-around exceptional experience for our patients. It is well documented that dental visits rank high in one of the many stressful things in one’s life.
According to Paws for People, Therapy Dogs have multiple benefits, for both physical and mental health. They include the following:
- lower blood pressure
- improves cardiovascular health
- releases endorphins (oxytocin) that have a calming effect
- diminishes overall physical pain
- lifts spirits and lessens depression
- decreases feelings of isolation and alienation
- encourages communication
- provides comfort
- decreases anxiety
- helps children overcome speech and emotional disorders
- creates motivation for the client to recover faster